1678 1679 1680 - 1681 - 1682 1683 1684
1650s 1660s 1670s - 1680s - 1690s 1700s 1710s
Events of 1681
- January 3 – Treaty of Bakhchisarai One side Ottoman (Turkish) Empire and vassal Crimean Khanate , the other side Russian Empire.
- March 14 – Charles II of England grants a land charter to William Penn for the area that will later become Pennsylvania.
- October 28 – A London woman is publicly flogged for the crime of "involving herself in politics."
- August – Robert Knox escapes prison in Ceylon, and details his adventures across Kandy and life in the kingdoms of the Tamil country Vanni in his book An Historical Relation of the Island Ceylon.
- August 31 – Titus Oates is told to leave his state apartments in the Whitehall; his fame begins to wane and he is soon arrested and imprisoned for sedition.
- August 12 – The Ahom King Gadadhar Singha or Gadapani, who took the Tai name Supaatphaa, ascends the throne.
- December – Wu Shifan, grandson of Chinese general Wu Sangui, commits suicide in Yunnan province, ending the 8-year conflict of the Revolt of the Three Feudatories against Qing Dynasty authority in China, then led by the Kangxi Emperor.