1680 1681 1682 1683 1684
1660s 1670s - 1680s - 1690s 1700s
The 1680s decade ran from January 1, 1680, to December 31, 1689.
Events and trends
- The Treaty of Ratisbon between France and England in 1684 ended the Age of Buccaneers.
- 1685: The Chinese army attacked a Russian post at Albazin. The events led to the Treaty of Nerchinsk. 
- Isaac Newton published Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica, where he introduced Newton's laws of motion and his theory of gravity.
- The Glorious Revolution brought William and Mary to power in England.
- King Christian V of Denmark (1670–1699).
- King Charles II of England and Scotland (1660–1685).
- King James II of England and Scotland (1685–1688).
- Queen Mary II of England and Scotland (1689–1694).
- King William III of England and Scotland (1689–1702).
- King Louis XIV of France (1643–1715).
- Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (1658–1705).
- King Peter II of Portugal (1667–1706)
- Tsar Feodor III of Russia (1676–1682).
- Tsar Ivan V of Russia (1682–1696).
- Tsar Peter I of Russia (1682–1725).
- King Charles II of Spain (1665–1700).
- King Charles XI of Sweden (1660–1697).
- Padshah Aurangazeb (Mughal Empire)
- Bhonsle Dynasty of the Marathas
- Roberts, J: "History of the World.". Penguin, 1994.