1661 1662 1663 - 1664 - 1665 1666 1667
1630s 1640s 1650s - 1660s - 1670s 1680s 1690s
Events of 1664
- January 5 – Battle of Surat: The Maratha Chhatrapati Shivaji is defeated by the Inayat Khan of Mughal.
- March 12 – New Jersey becomes a colony of England.
- May 4 – Kronenbourg, a popular lager, is first produced.
- August 1 – Battle of Saint Gotthard: The Ottoman Empire is defeated by an Austrian army led by Raimondo Montecuccoli, resulting in the Peace of Vasvár.
- September 24 – Dutch Governor Peter Stuyvesant surrenders New Amsterdam to an English naval squadron commanded by Colonel Richard Nicolls.
- October 28 – The Admirals Regiment is formed, later known as the Royal Marines (part of the United Kingdom's Royal Navy).