1660 1661 1662 - 1663 - 1664 1665 1666
1630s 1640s 1650s - 1660s - 1670s 1680s 1690s
Events of 1663
- March 5 – Emperor Go-Sai's reign ends and Emperor Reigen ascends to the throne of Japan.
- March 24 – King Charles II of England issues the Charter of Carolina, establishing the Province of Carolina and dividing it between eight Lords Proprietors.
- April 17- The Turks declare war against Holy Roman Emperor Leopold I.
- June 8 – Battle of Ameixial: The Portuguese and some English auxiliaries defeat the Spanish.
- August 28: Severe frost in England. Much of August had been wintery, and Parliament held an intercessary fast on August 21.
- July 8 – King Charles II of England grants John Clarke a Royal Charter to Rhode Island.
- July 27 – The English Parliament passes the second Navigation Act, requiring that all goods bound for the American colonies have to be sent in English ships from English ports.
- The Prix de Rome Scholarship is established for students of the arts.
- The first Maroon community arises in Suriname.
- The Theatre Royal, Drury Lane opens in London.
- Robert Hooke discovers that cork is made of "tiny little rooms" which he first called "Cells."
- Stratton, J.M. (1969). Agricultural Records. John Baker. ISBN 0-212-97022-4.