1644 1645 1646 - 1647 - 1648 1649 1650
1610s 1620s 1630s - 1640s - 1650s 1660s 1670s
Events of 1647
- March 14 – Thirty Years' War: Bavaria, Cologne, France and Sweden sign the Truce of Ulm.
- April 3 – In England, a letter from the Agitators of the New Model Army, protesting delay of pay, is read in the House of Commons.
- May 13 – 1647 Santiago earthquake rattles Chile.
- May 29 – The Rhode Island General Assembly drafts a constitution that separates church and state, and permits public referendums and initiatives on legislation.reference required
- Old Deluder Satan Act - 1647, Education Massachusetts
- August – The New Model Army marches to London.
- August – Peter Stuyvesant is appointed Director of New Amsterdam by the Dutch West India Company.
- August 8 – Battle of Dungan's Hill: Irish forces are defeated by English Parliamentary forces.
- November – Battle of Knocknanauss: An Irish confederate force is destroyed by the army of Parliament; Alasdair MacColla is killed.
- England's Puritan rulers ban Christmas.
- Johann von Werth tries to take his troops over the Austrian border, but they refuse.