1643 1644 1645 - 1646 - 1647 1648 1649
1610s 1620s 1630s - 1640s - 1650s 1660s 1670s
Events of 1646
- February 16 – First English Civil War – The Battle of Great Torrington, Devon, the last major battle of the conflict, is fought.
- February 28 – Roger Scott is tried in Massachusetts for sleeping in church.
- March 6 – Joseph Jenkes, in Massachusetts, receives the first colonial machine patent.
- April 27 – King Charles I flees from Oxford.
- May 5 – King Charles I surrenders his forces at Scotland.
- May 30 – Spain and the Netherlands sign a temporary cease fire in the war.
- June 25 – The New Model Army of Thomas Fairfax occupies Oxford.
- July 30 – The English Parliament sets the Newcastle Propositions for King Charles I.
- August 19 – English Civil War – Raglan Castle surrenders to General Fairfax in after a 3 month siege. The castle is later destroyed.
- October 28 – The first Protestant church assembly for natives is held in Massachusetts (see Waban).
- November 4 – Massachusetts enacts the death penalty for having a rebellious child.
- December 7 – Princess Louise Henriette (19) marries Frederick William of Brandenburg.
- December 21 – Mini Ice Age shows signs of Beginning with significant temperature drop from this date forward.
- The Westminster Confession of Faith is published.