1630 1631 1632 1633 1634
1610s 1620s - 1630s - 1640s 1650s
The 1630s decade ran from January 1, 1630, to December 31, 1639.
Events and trends
- The Puritans engaged in the Great Migration.
- Thirty Years' War was in full swing in Europe
- 1632 – Just a couple of months before his death in battle, Swedish king Gustav II Adolf The Great ratified the establishment of the University of Tartu, the second university in the Swedish Empire.
- September 8, 1636 – A vote of the Great and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony established Harvard College as the first college founded in the Americas.
- 1639: The British founded their first settlement in India, Fort St George, at Madras. 
- Chongzhen, Ming dynasty Emperor of China (1627–1644)
- King Christian IV of Denmark and Norway (1588–1648).
- King Charles I of England, Scotland and Ireland (1625–1649).
- King Louis XIII of France (1610–1643).
- Cardinal Richelieu, chief minister of France (1624–1642).
- Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor (1620–1637).
- Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor (1637–1657).
- Frederick Henry, Prince of Orange, Stadtholder of Holland, Zeeland, Utrecht, Overijssel and Gelderland (1625–1647).
- Hong Taiji, Qing Dynasty King of Manchuria (1626–1643).
- Pope Urban VIII (1623–1644).
- King Philip IV of Spain (1621–1665).
- King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden (1611–1632)
- Queen Christina of Sweden (1632–1654).
- Padshah Shah Jahan(1628–1658) of the Mughal Empire
- Roberts, J: "History of the World.". Penguin, 1994.