1622 1623 1624 - 1625 - 1626 1627 1628
1590s 1600s 1610s - 1620s - 1630s 1640s 1650s
Events of 1625
- March 27 – Charles Stuart (Charles I of England, Scotland and Ireland) succeeds James I of England.
- April 4 – Stadtholder Frederick Henry marries Amalia, Countess von Solms-Braunfels.
- April 7 – Albrecht von Wallenstein is appointed German supreme commander.
- May 1
- May 15/16 – Rebellious farmers are hanged in Vocklamarkt, Upper Austria.
- June 2 – Prince Frederick Henry is sworn in as the stadtholder of Holland and Zealand.
- June 5 – Spanish troops under Spinola conquer Breda.
- June 13 – King Charles I of England marries Henrietta Maria, Princess of France and Navarre.
- June 15 – Breda surrenders to the Spanish troops of general Ambrogio de Spinola.
- June 18 – The English Parliament refuses to vote Charles I the right to collect customs duties for his entire reign, restricting him to one year instead.
- July – First attack from barbary pirates in south-western England.
- August 6 – Earl Ernest Casimir is appointed as stadtholder of Groningen.
- August 16 – Ernest Casimir of Nassau-Dietz is appointed stadtholder of Drenthe.
- September 13 – A total of 16 rabbis (including Isaiah Horowitz) are imprisoned in Jerusalem.
- September 24 – The Dutch attack San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- October 8 – Admiral George Villiers' fleet sails from Plymouth, England to Cadiz.
- December 9 – The Netherlands and England sign a military peace treaty.
- William Oughtred invents the slide rule.
- James Ussher becomes Archbishop of Armagh.
- The Dutch settle Manhattan, founding the town of New Amsterdam. The town would transform into a piece of what is now New York City.
- The First Savoine War is fought between the Republic of Genoa and the Duchy of Savoy.
- The Bohemian Revolt ends.
- Danish intervention starts.
- A Huguenot revolt is suppressed.