1611 1612 1613 - 1614 - 1615 1616 1617
1580s 1590s 1600s - 1610s - 1620s 1630s 1640s
Events of 1614
- April 5 – Pocahontas marries John Rolfe.
- August 23 – The University of Groningen is established in the Netherlands.
- September 1 – In England, Sir Julius Caesar becomes Master of the Rolls.
- October 11 – Adriaen Block and a group of Amsterdam merchants petition the States General for exclusive trading rights in the area he explored and named "New Netherland".
- November 16 – The Treaty of Xanten ends the War of the Jülich succession.
- December 19 – The Siege of Osaka begins.
- The French Estates-General meets for the last time before the era of the French Revolution. In between, France will be governed as an absolute monarchy.
- John Napier publishes Mirifici Logarithmorum Canonis Descriptio, a paper outlining his discovery of logarithms.
- The Rosicrucian Order is instituted in Germany according to Fraternitas Rosae Crucis.
- Toyotomi Hideyori attempts to restore Osaka Castle. Tokugawa Ieyasu, father of the Shogun, is outraged at this act, and takes the castle by storm.
- Christianity banned throughout Japan