160th Battalion Canadian Infantry

From Metapedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The 160th (Bruce) Battalion, CEF was a unit in the Canadian Expeditionary Force during the First World War. Based in Walkerton, Ontario, the unit began recruiting in late 1915 in Bruce County. After sailing to England in October 1916, the battalion was absorbed into the 4th Reserve Battalion on February 15, 1918. The 160th (Bruce) Battalion, CEF had three Officer Commanding: Lieut-Col. A. Weir (October 17, 1916--May 6, 1917), Lieut-Col. D. M. Sutherland (May 6, 1917--December 1, 1917), and Major A. M. Moffatt (December 1, 1917--February 23, 1918).

Part of this article consists of modified text from Wikipedia, and the article is therefore licensed under GFDL.