1574 1575 1576 - 1577 - 1578 1579 1580
1540s 1550s 1560s - 1570s - 1580s 1590s 1600s
Events of 1577
- March 17 – The Cathay Company is formed to send Martin Frobisher back to the New World for more gold.
- May 28 – The Bergen Book, better known as the Solid Declaration of the Formula of Concord, one of the Lutheran confessional writings, is published. The earlier version, known as the Torgau Book (1576), had been condensed into an Epitome; both documents are part of the 1580 Book of Concord.
- September 17 – The Peace of Bergerac is signed between Henry III of France and the Huguenots.
- December 13 – Sir Francis Drake sets out from Plymouth, England, on his round-the-world voyage.
- The church in San Pedro is built in the Atacama Desert in Chile .
- The Union of Brussels is formed, first without the Protestant counties of Holland and Zeeland (which is accepted by king Philip II of Spain), later with the Protestants, which means open rebellion of the whole of the Netherlands.
- Sir Francis Drake sails through the Strait of Magellan.