1510 1511 1512 1513 1514
1490s 1500s - 1510s - 1520s 1530s
The 1510s decade ran from January 1, 1510, to December 31, 1519.
Events and trends
- Peter Henlein invented and created the first pocket watch.
- Belarusians and Poles defeat the Russian army in the Battle of Orsha
- Martin Luther posted his 95 Theses on the door of the Wittenberg Castle Church (Schlosskirche), beginning the Protestant Reformation.
- Selim I, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, conquered Palestine and Egypt, and declared himself Caliph.
- Hernán Cortés landed in Mexico.
- Ferdinand Magellan left Europe in an attempt to circumnavigate the world. While he would die en route, some of his crewmen would complete the trip.
- The first known official diplomatic mission of a European power to China, commissioned by Manuel I of Portugal, was carried by Fernao Pires de Andrade.