|Metapedia Fundraiser 2018: The Internet is the foremost field in the metapolitical battle of our time. Help us hold down the front.|
Wiggers (Whiggers or Whiggas) are degenerate Europeans who dress, speak, act, and use the customs of Afro-american slum dwellers, especially in relation to Hip Hop culture. The word is a portmanteau made from the words "white" and "nigger."
The wigger sub-cultures are most common in the USA, Britain and Western Europe. They usually listen to rap and disco music, dress in loose clothes, wear Nike shoes and baseball caps, and speak a simple and bastardized form of American English. Due to their collectivist nature, it is not untypical of a wigger to verbally and or violently attack a person perceived to be different. The male wigger has a strong hatred for the females of his kind often named wiggettes by outsiders; they oftentimes insulte them by calling them bitches and hoe's. A Dutch wigger is called a Fopneger,- (fakenegro or jokenegro). Dutch wiggers incorporate Moroccan and Turkish culture into their way of life; listening to turkpop and islamic rapper Ali, B.
The phenomenon of white people adopting stereotypical black mannerisms, slang, and apparel has appeared in several generations. The concept has been documented in the United States, United Kingdom and other white-majority countries. An early form of this was the white negro in the jazz and Swing music scenes of the 1920s and 1930s; as examined in the Norman Mailer essay, "The White Negro: Superficial Reflections on the Hipster". It was later seen in the Zoot suiter of the 1930s and 1940s; the Hipster hipster of the 1940s; and the beatnik and rock and roller of the 1950s.
A wigger aspires to become a gangsta; an African who is part of a gang and commits criminal acts that will get him higher in the gangs social ladder.
References in popular culture
- The satirical newspaper The Onion sometimes features an accountant/wigger columnist, Herbert Kornfeld, whose columns are written in Black English slang remarkably similar to that of the Staten Island, New York rap group, Wu-Tang Clan.
- Hardcore punk/thrash metal crossover band M.O.D. has a song called "Whigga".
- In his song "The Way I Am", Eminem lashes out at the "cocky Caucasians who think I'm some wigger who just tries to be black 'cause I talk with an accent and grab on my balls."
- The film Malibu's Most Wanted is about a well-to-do teenage boy who emulates stereotypical elements of Hip Hop culture.
- Chicago rapper Marz, who is of Croatian descent, is a self-proclaimed wigger. One of his common lyrical sayings is "I'm a wigger with an attitude". He has an Internet-released single called "Wigger Crown", which features lyrics such as: "If 50 Cent can go after Jigga and Nas/ I'ma go after the wigger crown/ y'all gone feel me now".
- On various music-sharing networks, such as Bearshare]], Kazaa and LimeWire, there is a song misattributed to "Weird Al" Yankovic called "I'm a Wigga" or "Carl the Wigga". The song was actually uploaded to MySpace by a person with the user name Bloody Fetus.
- British rapper Lady Sovereign has performed a song called "I'm a Whigga". However, this is not the same song being misattributed to "Weird Al Yankovic".
- The song Pretty Fly (for a White Guy), by The Offspring details how a wigger tries too hard.
- Wigger (1995) ISBN 1-55152-020-6 is a novel by Lawrence Ytzhak Braithwaite set in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. It explores the class struggle, poverty, prostitution, exploitation of youth, desolation and absence of solidarity in a period of new negrophilia.
- In 2004, James Maker & Noko 440 recorded a song titled "White Nigger". It was played live when the band supported Morrissey on his 2004 'You Are The Quarry' tour. However, the song remains unreleased.
- Wigger Pimp Fashions
- BBC explanation of the term
- Offspring - Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) lyrics