North American New Right, Volume 1, 2012
|North American New Right, Volume 1, 2012|
Cover of the first English edition
|Author(s)||Greg Johnson (editor)|
|Cover artist||Lewis Hine|
|Publisher||Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd.|
North American New Right, Volume 1, 2012 is a 366 page book consisting of articles originally published at the internet portal and publishing firm Counter-Currents Publishing and is here collected in a annual collection with the best articles from the year or so that has passed. The book contains contributions in the form of articles, polemics, book reviews, translations, film reviews and much more from and about among others Francis Parker Yockey, Michael O'Meara, Julius Evola, Kerry Bolton, Alain de Benoist, Harold Covington, Alex Kurtagic, Jef Costello, Dominique Venner, Guillaume Faye, Robert Steuckers, Michael Walker, Kevin MacDonald, Jonathan Bowden, James O'Meara and many more. The foreword of the book is written by renowned identiarian author, Ph.D and activist Greg Johnson, editor-in-chief of the identitarian net-site Counter-Currents Publishing, which is also the publisher of the book. Counter-Currents has previously published among others the second book of Michael O'Meara Toward The White Republic and also web-editor of Counter-Currents' Michael J. Polignano's first book Taking Our Own Side. Counter-Currents also goes by the name of North American New Right, in other words the North-American division of the European New Right.
The book contains a wide range of subjects, everything from metapolitics, religion, philosophy, demography, culture in a wide range of shapes, interviews and much else. The book has been celebrated by various critics as the best publication of Counter-Currents to date and is the physical result of all the internet published articles through the last few years. The book has been published both in a bound luxury edition in addition to a cheaper paperback.
From the back of the book
"North American New Right is the journal of a new intellectual movement, the North American New Right. This movement seeks to understand the causes of the ongoing demographic, political, and cultural decline of European peoples in North America and around the globe — and to lay the metapolitical foundations for halting and reversing these trends.
The North American New Right seeks to apply the ideas of the European New Right and allied intellectual and political movements in the North American context. Thus North American New Right publishes translations by leading European thinkers as well as interviews, articles, and reviews about their works. "
About the editor
"Greg Johnson, Ph.D., Editor-in-Chief of Counter-Currents Publishing Ltd. and Editor of the annual journal North American New Right. From 2007 to 2010 he was Editor of The Occidental Quarterly. In 2009, he created TOQ Online with Michael J. Polignano and was its Editor for its first year.
He is the author of Confessions of a Reluctant Hater (San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2010).
He is editor of Alain de Benoist, On Being a Pagan, trans. John Graham (Atlanta: Ultra, 2004); Michael O’Meara, Toward the White Republic (San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2010); Michael J. Polignano, Taking Our Own Side (San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2010); Collin Cleary, Summoning the Gods: Essays on Paganism in a God-Forsaken World (San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2011); Irmin Vinson, Some Thoughts on Hitler and Other Essays (San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2011); and Kerry Bolton, Artists of the Right: Resisting Decadence (San Francisco: Counter-Currents, 2012)."
- FRANCIS PARKER YOCKEY: IN MEMORIAM
- Michael O’Meara - “The Death of Francis Parker Yockey” 11
- Julius Evola - “Spiritual & Structural Presuppositions of the European Union” 14
- Kerry Bolton - “A Contemporary Evaluation of Francis Parker Yockey” 26
- Ted Sallis - “The Overman High Culture & the Future of the West” 52
- Juleigh Howard-Hobson - “Six Poems for Francis Parker Yockey” 62
- Bryan Sylvain - “Interview with Alain de Benoist” 69
- Greg Johnson - “Interview with Harold Covington” 87
- Michael O’Meara & John Schneider - “What is to be Done?” 103
- Ted Sallis - “Pan-European Preservationism” 125
- Alex Kurtagić - “Vanguard, Aesthetics, Revolution” 147
- Amanda Bradley - “Absolute Woman: A Clarification of Evola’s Thoughts on Women” 157
- Derek Hawthorne - “D. H. Lawrence’s Women in Love” 169
- Jef Costello - “’The Flash in the Pan’: Fascism & Fascist Insignia in the Spy Spoofs of the 1960s” 197
- Guillaume Faye & Robert Steuckers - “The Lesson of Carl Schmitt” 209
- Dominique Venner - “Homer: The European Bible” 220
- Guillaume Faye - “Mars & Hephaestus: The Return of History” 237
- Robert Steuckers - “Post-Modern Challenges: Between Faust & Narcissus” 244
- Edouard Rix - “Jean Thiriart: The Machiavelli of United Europe” 262
- REVIEW ESSAYS
- Michael Walker - Michael O’Meara’s Toward the White Republic 270
- Kevin MacDonald - Michael Polignano’s Taking Our Own Side 284
- F. Roger Devlin - “A Serious Case: Guillaume Faye’s Archeofuturism” 290
- Derek Hawthorne - Julius Evola’s Metaphysics of War 299
- Amanda Bradley - Abir Taha’s The Epic of Arya 309
- Derek Hawthorne - Jack Malebranche’s Androphilia 315
- James J. O’Meara - “Sir Noël Coward, 1899–1973: The Noël Coward Reader” 327
- Jonathan Bowden - “Arkham Asylum: An Analysis” 344
- Trevor Lynch - “Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins & The Dark Knight” 351
- About the Authors 365