Joseph P. Kamp
Joseph Peter Kamp born Joseph William Kamp (May 3, 1900 - June 7, 1993) photo was an American political activist who was jailed in 1950 for four months for being in contempt of Congress stemming from a 1944 campaign activities investigation. He was acquitted of a second contempt charge in relationship with the lobbying activities of the Constitutional Educational League.
Kamp was born 1900 in Yonkers, New York. His father, Joseph Kamp, was a tailor born in Germany. The family arrived in America just before their son was born.
In the 1960s he served as a policy advisor to Liberty Lobby.
Kamp was married, wife Mildred, and was an uncle of actor Jon Voight.
Booklets and reports
FBI synopsis of various booklets here
- The Hell of Herrin Rages Again, Constitutional Educational League, Inc., (1937)
- Fifth Column in Washington! Reds on YOUR government’s payroll, Constitutional Educational League, Inc., (June, 1940) text The booklet was later retitled as Fifth Column in Washington! Un-Americans on the Government Payroll text
- Fifth Column in the South, Constitutional Educational League, Inc., (1940)
- Fifth Column vs. The DIES Committee, Constitutional Educational League, Inc., (1941)
- Fifth Column Conspiracy in America, With Map and Directory, Constitutional Educational League, Inc., (circa 1941)
- Why Win The War and Lose What We're Fighting For? Constitutional Educational League, (1942)
- Native Nazi Purge Plot: the Conspiracy Against Congress, Constitutional Educational League, (August, 1942) 66 pages
- What's Cooking (1942)
- Class War on The Home Front, Constitutional Educational League, Inc., (1943)
- Famine in America (1943,1944) 50 pages
- The Smear Offensive, report on the communist smear campaign of nationalists of the 1930s and 1940s (ca. 1944) 
- The Hell with G.I. Joe! Constitutional Educational League, (1944)
- Vote CIO...and Get a Soviet America (1944)
- With Lotions of Love …to Walter Winchell, Constitutional Educational League, (1944)
- Fay Case, Constitutional Educational League, Inc., (1945)
- How to Be An American, Patriotic Action Committee, Constitutional Educational League, (1946)
- Communist Carpet Baggers in Operation Dixie (1946)
- Don't Say We Didn't Warn You! Constitutional Educational League, Inc., (circa 1946)
- Strikes and The Communists Behind Them, Constitutional Educational League, (1947)
- Behind the Lace Curtains of the YWCA (1948)
- Open Letter to Congress, Constitutional Educational League, (1948) 66 pages, Singerman 741
- Hitler Was a Liberal, Constitutional Educational League, Inc., (1949)
- It Isn't Safe To Be An American, Constitutional Educational League, (1950)
- Will President Eisenhower Join The ADL Book Burners? Headlines, Constitutional Educational League, (1953)
- How The New York Times Betrayed Its Readers on "McCarthyism", Headlines, (1954)
- Senator McCarthy's Methods, Committee For McCarthyism, Headlines, (1954)
- Trickery, Treachery, Tyranny and Treason in Washington, Headlines, (1957)
- The Lowdown on Little Rock and the Plot to Sovietize the South (1957,1958)
- Meet the Man Who Plans to Rule America (1958)
- The Bigots Behind the Swastika Spree (1960) 36 pages
- This Judeo-Christian Heritage Hoax (1970) 6 pages
- Maloney’s Moscow Trials (Great Sedition Trial)
- From the Secret Files of the FBI
- The Red-Addled 'Brain' Behind The Scripps-Howard Smear of Senator Joe McCarthy, Committee For McCarthyism
- Anything But The Truth…, Constitutional Education League
- Audacious Aubrey Williams and The Sly Strategy of Senator Smear…, Constitutional Educational League
- We Must Abolish the United States: The Hidden Facts behind the Crusade for World Government (1950)
- Un-American Gestapo manuscript, never published
- ↑ FBI file on Joseph P. Kamp
- ↑ "Kamp is sent to Jail for Defying Congress". New York Times. 1950-06-17. p. 2.
- ↑ "Kamp Freed in Contempt Case". Washington Post. 1952-02-07. p. 15.
- ↑ Compromised Campus: The Collaboration of Universities With the Intelligence Community, by Sigmund Diamond, page 328