England Under the Jews
England Under the Jews is a book by Joseph Banister, first published in 1901.
The book went through three editions between 1901 and 1907. Chris Holmes, whom states that the fullest discussion of Banister's thought is in his article, 'Joseph Banister's Anti-Semitism', says that the second edition "...seems to have disappeared altogether." and that the "fullest expression of his hostility is contained in the third edition."
- 1901, J. Banister: London, 1st edition.
- 1902, J. Banister: London, 2nd edition.
- 1907, J. Banister: London, 3rd edition (revised and updated)
- ↑ Holmes, Chris; Patterns of Prejudice IV (July-August 1970), pp. 29-32, as referenced in Holmes, Chris; Anti-Semitism in British Society, 1876-1939, Routledge, 2015. But Kenneth Lunn writes that ”Details of Banister's views can be found in Colin Holmes, 'Champion of “English race feeling”: Joseph Banister's Anti-semitism', Patterns of Prejudice, vol. 6, no. 5 (September-October 1972), pp. 25-30.” in Lunn, Kenneth; British Fascism: Essays on the Radical Right in Inter-War Britain, Routledge, 2015, p. 38. See official website for this article: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/0031322X.1970.9968932
- ↑ Holmes, Chris; Anti-Semitism in British Society, 1876-1939, Routledge, 2015.