Claimed mass killings of non-Jews by National Socialist Germany
Revisionists have criticized not just the politically correct view on the Holocaust but also the politically correct views on some of the claimed mass killings of non-Jews by National Socialist Germany.
Politically correct views differ on if some of the claimed non-Jewish mass killings should be included in the term "the Holocaust". This is related to Jewish Holocaust uniqueness claims.
Non-Jewish Holocaust camp prisoners
- Deliberate mass murder of Gypsies and homosexuals. Revisionists argue that certain groups of Gypsies and homosexuals (not all groups) were imprisoned in camps where some died from the same causes as argued for Jews. Also some non-revisionists are argued to support that there were no extermination policies and that some estimates of the numbers of deaths are greatly exaggerated. Many other Western countries at this time considered it a crime to live openly as a homosexual. See the following links for details. See also The Myth of a Nazi Extermination of Homosexuals.
- Deliberate mass murder of Jehovah's Witnesses in the camps. Revisionists argue that some Jehovah's Witnesses died from the same causes as argued for Jews. See Jehovah's Witnesses and the Holocaust.
- Deliberate mass murder of other camp prisoners. In the camps there were also groups such as some Communists and ordinary criminals. Revisionists argue that some of these died from the same causes as argued for Jews. See also Holocaust motivations: Holocaust revisionist views on motivations for the camps and deportations.
Estimates of how many were allegedly killed have in many cases been dramatically reduced also by non-Holocaust revisionists. See Holocaust demographics: Non-Jews.
- Action T4. The revisionist Germar Rudolf has stated that "To the best of my knowledge there have been no doubts advanced by the revisionist side regarding the factuality of those killings". See the article on Action T4.
- Deliberate mass murder in response to partisan activity. Revisionists have argued that at this and earlier times certain forms of regulated reprisals were not illegal and committed also by the Allies and others. Thus, "a wartime reprisal is the case if one warring party retaliates against another by means which are otherwise unlawful acts of warfare, and with which he wants to force his opponent, his opponent’s branches and the members of the opposing armed forces to give up their illegal acts of war and to return to the principles of lawful warfare." Revisionists have argued that "We have no difficulty admitting that the German reprisal measures in the East, and not only there, were at times excessive and disproportionate, sometimes even performed with false pretenses". The partisans themselves were usually not lawful combatants. "The British Manual of Military Law" stated that partisans "are not entitled to the right of armed forces and are liable to execution as war criminals." Partisans (in particular Communist partisans) have also been stated to commit atrocities while wearing German uniforms so that Germans should be blamed for the atrocities. See also the articles on National Socialist Germany and partisans/resistance movements and the Einsatzgruppen.
- Deliberate mass murder due to bombing of civilians. Revisionists have made arguments such as the German bombings being retaliations for earlier and much more devastating Allied bombings of civilians. See Claimed mass killings of Germans by the WWII Allies: During the war.
- Deliberate mass murder related to Lebensraum. See the article on this subject.
- Deliberate mass murders of foreign workers. See the article on National Socialist Germany and forced labor.
- Deliberate mass murder of Soviet POWs. Revisionists have argued that large scale deaths of Soviet POWs due to factors such as malnutrition and epidemics were due to causes such as difficulty finding enough food for the prisoners due to the Soviet scorched-earth policy (see The World Wars and mass starvation article), large scale maltreatment and deaths of German POWs captured by the Soviet Union, refusal by the Soviet Union to accept the Hague and Geneva conventions on POWs, and rejection of German proposals for better treatments of POWs. When the Red Cross with German permission asked the Soviet Union to send food to the prisoners in German captivity, the Soviet government refused, replying that sending food would help the German war effort. Deaths of prisoners in German captivity may have been seen as useful for Soviet propaganda purposes. In particular, it may have been seen as motivating for Soviet soldiers, helping to prevent them from surrendering. Another contributing factor to the Soviet Union not helping Soviet soldiers in German captivity was that they were seen as traitors. Thus, the Soviet POWs who returned to the Soviet Union, in many cases involuntarily and forcibly deported there by the Western Allies after the war, were often killed/deported to the Gulag prison camp system since they were seen as traitors for not having fought to the death and as possible collaborators. Even their families were persecuted and deprived of food which has been stated to have caused hundreds of thousands of deaths. See also the article on the Western Holocaust camps on the Soviet Union alleging that 840,000 Soviet POWs were killed at the Sachsenhausen camp. This is a claim which also non-revisionists now admit was Soviet propaganda.
- Deliberate mass murder during the Siege of Leningrad. See the article on The World Wars and mass starvation on mass starvation in general. Communist policies regarding food to and evacuations of civilians before and during the siege have been argued to have contributed to the mass starvation. Stalin has been argued to have had a dislike of the city which may have contributed. Some claims regarding the siege of Leningrad have been argued to be Soviet propaganda. The Holocaust revisionist Carlos Porter has written on that "Hitler had repeated an already previously issued order that an offer of surrender from Leningrad was not to be accepted. Like so many German crimes, this remained an idea without effect, since no offer of surrender ever came. The intention was to force the population to withdraw to the rear, since it would be impossible to feed millions of people or to prevent epidemics. Gaps were left in German lines to the East in order to enable the population to do this."
- Deliberate mass murder of Poles. The estimated number of Poles who died during WWII has been argued to be grossly exaggerated by counting the many millions of Germans expelled/killed after WWII from eastern territories as "Polish" "losses". Furthermore, the Polish Jews who allegedly died during the Holocaust may be double counted as both Holocaust victims and Polish victims. Some Jews may have been killed by Poles (see Jedwabne). The Soviet Union killed many Poles during the 1939-1941 invasion/occupation (such as at the Katyn Massacre and Vinnytsia massacre) and at the end of the war/during the postwar period (such as by sending to the Gulag camp system).
- Deliberate mass murder in Yugoslavia. Revisionists have argued that many partisans (who were often Communists) used German uniforms and atrocities committed by partisans may therefore have been falsely blamed on Germans. Germans have also been argued to be falsely blamed for deaths caused by infighting between rival Yugoslav factions. In the postwar period, Communist Yugoslavia used methods such as torture in order to gain "confessions" at show trials.
- Deliberate mass starvation of certain groups. See the article on The World Wars and mass starvation.
See also the articles on
- Commando Order
- Commissar Order
- Holocaust camp experiments on prisoners
- Malmedy massacre
- Night and Fog
- Night of the Long Knives
- ↑ The Chapter "3.11. Homosexual and Gypsies" in Holocaust Handbooks Series, Vol. 15. Germar Rudolf. Lectures on the Holocaust. Controversial Issues Cross Examined. Second Revised Edition. http://vho.org/GB/Books/loth/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Holocaust Handbooks, Volume 1: Germar Rudolf (ed.): Dissecting the Holocaust—The Growing Critique of ‘Truth’ and ‘Memory’ 2nd, revised edition. http://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?page_id=1
- ↑ Gypsy Holocaust? The Gypsies under the National Socialist Regime http://inconvenienthistory.com/archive/2014/volume_6/number_1/gypsy_holocaust.php
- ↑ 201: The Controversy about the Extermination of the Jews – An Introduction. http://germarrudolf.com/germars-views/201-the-controversy-about-the-extermination-of-the-jews-an-introduction/#ftn90
- ↑ Holocaust Handbooks, Volume 15: Germar Rudolf: Lectures on the Holocaust—Controversial Issues Cross Examined 2nd, revised and corrected edition. http://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?page_id=15
- ↑ Carlo Mattogno, Jürgen Graf, Thomas Kues: The “Extermination Camps” of “Aktion Reinhardt”—An Analysis and Refutation of Factitious “Evidence,” Deceptions and Flawed Argumentation of the “Holocaust Controversies” Bloggers; 2nd edition. Holocaust Handbooks. http://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?main_page=1&page_id=28
- ↑ The Suppressed History of Crimes committed on German soldiers in WWII. Pars 1-V + Conclusion. http://revblog.codoh.com/?s=The+suppressed+History+of+Crimes+committed+on+German+soldiers+in+WWII.&x=0&y=0
- ↑ Stalin's War: Victims and Accomplices http://codoh.com/library/document/2076/
- ↑ Stalin's War Against His Own Troops http://codoh.com/library/document/2526/
- ↑ The 3 Million Soviet POWs Starved To Death By Stalin’s Brutal Betrayal. https://wearswar.wordpress.com/2017/09/20/the-3-million-soviet-pows-starved-to-death-by-stalins-brutal-betrayal/
- ↑ Stalin and the Betrayal of Leningrad http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwtwo/leningrad_betrayal_01.shtml
- ↑ Revising the Twentieth Century’s ‘Perfect Storm’, Russian and German Historians Debate Barbarossa and Its Aftermath http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-2032706/BEYOND-HORROR-They-ate-cats-sawdust-wallpaper-paste--babies-Leningrads-agony-Nazis-tried-starve-submission-LENINGRAD-TRAGEDY-OF-A-CITY-UNDER-SIEGE-1941-44-BY-ANNA-REID.html
- ↑ Marshal Zhukov: A Career Built on Corpses, A Review https://codoh.com/library/document/1716/
- ↑ NOT GUILTY AT NUREMBERG: The German Defense Case http://cwporter.com/innocent.htm
- ↑ Germar Rudolf. Lectures on the Holocaust. 3rd Edition. Holocaust Handbooks, Volume 15. http://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?page_id=15
- ↑ The suppressed History of Crimes committed on German soldiers in WWII. Part IV http://revblog.codoh.com/2012/04/the-suppressed-history-of-crimes-committed-on-german-soldiers-in-wwii-part-iv/